Full Access High Desert, a local non-profit that assists adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is seeking a skilled professional to join our team.
We have one open full time position for a Personal Agent.
Personal Agents are responsible for providing service coordination for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Duties include but are not limited to: person centered planning, needs assessments and documentation; developing and monitoring individualized support plans; coordination and facilitation of team meetings on behalf of individuals; providing prospective clients and the general public information about available support services; case management; choice advising; extensive interactions with and on behalf of clients, parents, guardians, provider organizations and others in a role of advocacy and support services.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in social services, or closely related field, and one year experience, or five years experience in a related field. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal history check, have an acceptable driving record and be free from any substantiated abuse allegation. Must be willing and able to drive throughout the State of Oregon in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Position will require some travel throughout the Central Oregon area to meet client needs, and to other locations within the state (including Portland, Salem and Eugene) for training and development purposes.
- Work respectfully with people with disabilities and their families- maintain verbal and/or written confidentiality in all settings.
- Work well in a team setting as well as independently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at all times- coworkers, clients and families, community partners, and the general public.
- Manage and prioritize time and workload- position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to shift quickly from various tasks.
- Prepare concise and complete documentation and reports in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing- ability to communicate clearly, diplomatically, in a collaborative manner, at times in circumstances that may be challenging.
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals with cognitive and communication limitations.
- Be able to attend work regularly and willing to work a flexible schedule when necessary, to meet client needs.
- Computer literacy with strong typing and computer skills.
Knowledge of Self-Directed Supports and the Support Service Administrative Rules as they relate to service delivery. Experience with Person Centered Planning, Title XIX, and K-Plan services.
Wages and Benefits:
Current wage dependent on qualifications and experience. Starts at $19.23/hour. Employee benefit package: medical, dental, 401K, ST/LT disability.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to be considered for this position.
Full Access High Desert
711 NE Butler Market Rd
Bend, OR 97701