Get In Touch
Address: 711 NE Butler Mkt Rd.
Bend, OR 97701
Address: 185 NE 4th Street, Suite 6 & 7
Prineville, OR 97754
Address: 212 SW 4th St. Ste 303
Madras, OR 97741
Address: 100 North D St. Ste #2
Lakeview, OR 97630
We are currently hiring for a Personal Agent position:
- In our Bend office
Personal Agents are responsible for providing service coordination for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Duties include but are not limited to: person centered planning, needs assessments and documentation; developing and monitoring individualized support plans; coordination and facilitation of team meetings on behalf of individuals; providing prospective clients and the general public information about available support services; case management; choice advising; extensive interactions with and on behalf of clients, parents, guardians, provider organizations and others in a role of advocacy and support services.
This is an office-based position that also allows the ability to work from home at a 50/50-time ratio.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
A Bachelor degree in any field and one year of human services related experience, such as work providing assistance to individuals and groups with such issues as economical disadvantages, employment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, cultural competencies, or housing; OR
An Associate degree in a behavioral science, social science or closely related field and two years of human services related experience (as listed above) OR
Three years of human services-related experience.
Must be willing and able to drive throughout the State of Oregon in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Position will require travel throughout the Central Oregon area to meet client needs, and to other locations within the state (including Portland, Salem, and Eugene) for training and development purposes.
- Work respectfully with people with disabilities and their families- maintain verbal and/or written confidentiality in all settings.
- Work well in a team setting as well as independently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at all times- coworkers, clients and families, community partners, and the general public.
- Manage and prioritize time and workload- position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to shift quickly from various tasks.
- Prepare concise and complete documentation and reports in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing- ability to communicate clearly, diplomatically, in a collaborative manner, at times in circumstances that may be challenging.
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals with cognitive and communication limitations.
- Be able to attend work regularly and willing to work a flexible schedule, when necessary, to meet client needs.
- Computer literacy with strong typing and computer skills.
- Employees must have access to an internet connection sufficiently robust to perform the remote functions of this position.
- The ability to use web-based conferencing applications such as Zoom, MS Teams, Facetime, Duo, etc.
Home, Office, and Community Based Work Required:
You must be able to work independently in both an office and home setting. Personal Agents are expected to work from their home, from our Bend office, in public settings with community partners, and in home settings where our customers live. COVID-19 precautions are required, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be provided.
Residency Requirement: Personal Agents are expected to meet regularly in-person with clients. An essential job function is the ability to address emergent client needs in an expedient manner, build relationships with community partners, and develop resources in communities where the clients reside. Employees must reside in or near (within one hour) Deschutes County.
Knowledge of Self-Directed Supports and the Support Service Administrative Rules as they relate to service delivery. Experience with Person Centered Planning, Title XIX, and K-Plan services.
Wages and Benefits:
Wage begins at $26/hour and is dependent on qualifications and experience. Employee benefit package: paid vacation/sick/personal time, 12 paid holidays, wellness benefit, medical, dental, vision, 401K with ER match, FSA ER match, air/ambulance insurance, ST/LT disability.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to be considered for this position.
Full Access High Desert
711 NE Butler Market Rd
Bend, OR 97701